Empower Firesticks Practitioners To Restore Cultural Fire
Support the Firesticks Alliance Indigenous Corporation as we continue providing Indigenous leadership, advocacy and action to protect Country through cultural fire and land management practices. Firesticks acknowledges Country and Traditional Custodians and serves under their authority.
Firesticks is a proven methodology developed over thousands of years of continual practice and evolution.
Your contribution will:
- Help affected communities and Country to heal in the aftermath of recent and future bushfires.
- Support to train over 100 accredited Cultural fire practitioners across Australia to read Country and apply cultural fire regimes that care for and protect Country, life and property.
- Empower the local community to take an active role in decision-making by building community skills and capacity and providing a greater sense of custodianship
- Create partnerships with industry professionals to deliver joint venture commercial and community activities that will provide mentoring and information exchange to promote capacity building with Aboriginal enterprise
- Deliver community education, training and capacity building activities
- Raise community awareness, understanding and information gathering of cultural and environmental issues to create positive change
- Build recognition of cultural practice and knowledge
- Deliver and assist cultural values mapping and monitoring projects
- Support Traditional Custodians in maintaining and building fire knowledge and practice
- Maintain and enhance the Firesticks Alliance Community of Practice
- Acknowledge and respect past and present Traditional Custodians and honour their contribution and connection to Country