The Firesticks Alliance Indigenous Corporation (ICN-8778) provides Indigenous leadership, advocacy and action to protect, conserve and enhance cultural and natural values of people and Country through cultural fire and land management practices. Our priorities are to:
- Acknowledge and respect past and present Traditional Custodians and honour their contribution and connection to Country
- Enable Indigenous leadership through community mentorship on Country
- Actively develop and engage in projects to protect, conserve and enhance cultural and natural values of Country
- Empower the local community to take an active role in decision-making by building community skills and capacity and providing a greater sense of custodianship
- Create partnerships with industry professionals to deliver joint venture commercial and community activities that will provide mentoring and information exchange to promote capacity building with Aboriginal enterprise
- Promote cultural safety and support best practice work health and safety procedures
- Deliver community education, training and capacity building activities
- Produce and share resources and stories
- Raise community awareness, understanding and information gathering of cultural and environmental issues to create positive change
- Build recognition of cultural practice and knowledge
- Deliver and assist cultural values mapping and monitoring projects
- Support Traditional Custodians in maintaining and building fire knowledge and practice
- Maintain and enhance the Firesticks Alliance Community of Practice
National Indigenous Fire Network 2018 Bundanon Report now available to view and download here.
View video of National Indigenous Fire Workshop 2018 Bundanon here.
Support and Join the Firesticks Alliance at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3MJBWMZ
Firesticks Alliance Directors and Members at the Inaugural General Meeting at Bundanon, NSW 2018.